Monday 25 June 2012

Dashboard Update

Haven't been in the mood to do much today so I spent a couple of hours tidying up my dashboard. I changed to the 'old' style gauges to some sharper ones and now it looks a bit more slick. I have also rigged up a switch to start recording data which is sent to a text file. I can then open this in Excel for further analysis letting me analyse the results easily. Prior to this I'd have to calibrate all the channels I used on the DAQ then start the engine and perform the experiment, then find the chunks of data that relate to the experiment for channel 1 and so on.. This way I have all the channels I want to analyse exported as a chunk, and only for the time I want to capture.
I am nowhere near to finishing the block diagram yet, so when I do i will make that available too. I need to write some functions to calculate efficiencies and a lookup to find the air massflow rate. Think I will tackle the PWM throttle signal next as the turbine flowmeter I have been waiting for will not be in stock till November!! Nice of the company to keep that quiet after I had ordered and paid for it nearly three weeks ago and only told me after I had sent an email Asking me if I wanted to cancel or wait. Yes I think I will be cancelling that order! I'm not waiting five months I'll have to order a slightly more expensive one from EBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment